Saturday, August 8, 2009

Car problems!

In my last post I talked about how my car was having issues. Well apparently its a bigger problem than we thought (a way way bigger problem). Turns out the timing belt broke, which in turn made stuff smash together in there, and because its a cheaply made car, it ruined the engine. To replace the engine it would cost 3000, just for the engine, not including labor. So since we don't want to sink that much money into a car that isn't even worth that much, I have to get a new one. So what we are going to do is buy me a car that is cheap and reliable until we pay off what I still owe on my junked Kia.

There is good news! We went to look at some cheap cars today adn we found a Volvo for 1000. Its an 88, but from what we researched these cars can get up to 350,000 miles easy. So that is good news for us. I just want a car that I can drive until I'm done with grad school! It is really nice adn the inside looks brand new! The interior was nicer than the inside of my 04! Below is a picture. The outside isn't that great, but we really fell in love with it. The inside is the best part, its fantastic :) I'm just glad that this whole situation has turned itself around and its not that bad. So hopefully we get that Volvo. Keep your fingers crossed that we are the only ones who liked it. :)I know its not the cutest thing ever, but its a classic :D

1 comment:

  1. Linz that is no fun! You are still coming home this week though???

    ReplyDelete