Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Wow it has been awhile!!

I haven't posted anything in a loooong time! So I think that I will just break it down by month.

May
So in May Derek and I finished up the semester. That was fantastic! This month Derek also decided that he will be going to CWI in the fall for computer networking. I don't know to many details about what he'll be doing, but the program takes two years and when he is done he could work for a business doing their networking or he could start his own private contractor business. We are very excited because this is something that Derek will be very good at. He also is relieved to be leaving BSU, the art program that he wanted to do was very hard to get into the classes because they filled up super fast! But we are very happy with his new decision and I am excited for him to start a new program that he will enjoy.


In May I also decided that I am going to work on applying to NNU for my graduate program for school counseling. I went and talked with the program director and he was very helpful. The program is exactly what I'm looking for! So I will start there in the fall of 2010 (if I get in that is). I will find out for sure whether I get in probably in January.

June

In June not to much was going on. I started summer school, just two classes though. Not to bad. So June was just about going to school and working for me. And Derek was busy working. Not to much besides that. My mom, niece and brother came for a weekend which was fun! I didn't take any pictures, I seem to always forget the camera! But we went shopping, went on the paddle boats at Julia Davis and had snow cones. We had a lot of fun. Also in June the humane society was way overstocked with cats so we decided to get another kitty! He is already so big, and he really gets along with our first cat. So now we have two fellas, Charlie and Kosmo.

I also think this is the month that I have become obsessed with "So you think you can dance." I love it! I watch it every week. And without cable I am happy to have such a great show to watch.
July

July was a much more eventful month for us. We got the chance to go to my parents cabin for the fourth of July, again I didn't take any pictures! I know I am terrible at taking pics. But we had a lot of fun.
The most important thing was our 1 YEAR ANNIVERSARY! I am so happy that I am married to the most wonderful man ever! I am so grateful for all that he does for me and how hard he works. It has been a great year and I can't wait for many more to come. For our anniversary we went to the Canyon county fair and the drive in movie! We saw "Up" and "The Proposal" both were great. That was on the weekend before our anniversary. On our anniversary I had to work so when I got home Derek had a romantic dinner all set up that he made for us. He is so great!


Some tasty fair food! This is actually the biggest hot dog I have ever seen! I thought it was gonna be a corn dog, so I was a little surprised!

Derek got some crazy big nachos. Doesn't he look so excited ;)


We love the fair!

We also got to go to a FREE comedy show! We had a great time and they were so funny! It was free because Derek won tickets from the radio! He is lucky, and so am I!
Waiting for the awesome show to start!
August
August just started but its off to a bad start. My car broke down yesterday. I had to get the car towed. Luckily that was covered by my insurance. But now its in the shop and turns out the timing belt is out, we find out tomorrow how bad it is and how much it'll cost. The worst part is that my job requires me to have a car. So I wasn't able to work today. But tomorrow if my car isn't fixed then I am taking Derek's car. He had to teach me how to drive stick, which I'm still a little scared about! Wish us luck hopefully this won't set us back to much!


Well that has been our summer so far! I will try to update blog more often from now on, we'll see though!




2 comments:

  1. Linzy, You do have a great husband. But then, he has a great wife. I am glad that your first year of marriage was such a wonderful year for you two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Linz! I was about ready for an update! Looks like you two are enjoying yourselves! 1 Year, it goes by so fast, huh? Love the pics. You look great! I'm thinking a get together needs to be in the works! -jill

    ReplyDelete